£Attractive Salary (Negotiable) + Bonus + Benefits & Excellent Career Prospects!
Our client is an award-winning care group, committed to providing the highest quality of service and ensuring that independence, privacy, dignity, respect and reablement is at the heart of everything they do.
Building and managing some of Scotland’s most exclusive and finest care facilities, their staff are highly trained, knowledgeable, empathetic and maintain a stringent and uncompromising standard of care which exceeds both company and industry standards.
As demand for the excellent level of elderly and dementia care they provide increases, they are looking to attract a like-minded and highly experience care professional, looking to advance their career and assume responsibility for the following:
- Assist the Care Home Manager with the overall responsibility for the smooth running of the Care Home and the general well-being of Service Users and Staff alike
- Ensure the highest standard of care is provided via continuous assessment and training of staff and that all Group policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to at all times
- Assess needs of service users in residential /nursing care and subsequently monitor the planning and on-going evaluation of care
- Monitor Care Plan documentation and undertake weekly review to ensure best practice and any necessary adjustments to Care Plan have been made
- Control the ordering and administration of drugs within the Care Home and maintain the necessary records as and when required by the regulatory authorities
- Maintain effective communication with Service Users, Relatives, Staff Members, Business Manager, Directors and any other concerned bodies
- Manage and maintain agreed budgets, in conjunction with the Business Manager, by monitoring on a weekly basis and taking corrective action as and when required.
- In conjunction with HR, effectively manage recruitment, staff levels, hours, absence, appraisals, training plans etc.
- Assist in actively marketing the Care Home and promote a positive personal/professional profile within the local community
- Organise the ‘On Call’ rota for emergencies which may arise within the Care Home and to personally cover shifts if all other avenues have been exhausted
- Ensure compliance with Care Inspectorate regulatory requirements and prepare draft response to Care Inspectorate Inspection Reports for approval by Directors prior to issue
The successful candidate will likely possess the following skills, experience and personal attributes:
- Registered Nurse with active registration
- Extensive management experience gained within a Care Home environment
- Excellent computer skills and experienced with electronic care planning and MAR sheets
- Have a continued motivation to work with vulnerable people and possess the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships, including personal boundaries, with the people you support
- Strong budgetary and financial management capability
- Have emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and be able to lead a team to deliver a high-quality care environment
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and make independent decisions when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, caring, considerate, punctual, reliable, honest and hard-working
- Clear and concise communicator with excellent listening skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Knowledge of employment law, the private sector, and care home legislation are desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Scotland’s most exclusive Care Groups and CV’s should be emailed in the first instance to:
Tony Hamilton – Managing Director – Hamilton Hunter Scotland Ltd